Belize Medical Elective Package
Thank you for considering opting to do your medical elective in Belize. we know how important this is for you and why we offer you great service as outlined below.
Nefry’s Retreat has hosted Medical students from all over England, Ireland, Australia and the U.S. on their medical elective. We take care of everything from airport shuttles, accommodation, weekend tours and trips, and of course hospital placements.
We have teamed up with the Belize Ministry of Health to ensure our Medical Elective Program follows all required guidelines to make our program the best in the country.
We offer a wide variety of Medicine & Healthcare Elective placements in developing Belize. These have been designed specifically to meet the needs of medical students training to be doctors, dentists, physical therapists, speech therapist, nurses and midwives, pediatricians and gynecologist.We have years of experience and partnership with medical professionals. We will provide you with a placement that not only meets your elective requirements but also gives you a meaningful and rewarding experience of Belize and it’s People. We arrange your Airport transfer both ways, your accommodation, and an adventure weekend (every weekend!) to visit fun , exciting and adventurous tours around the area. We have strong in-country support to make sure your time abroad runs as smoothly as possible.
* Specific placement offering hands-on experience
* The chance to make a difference in a developing country
* The Adventure of a lifetime
Then this is the ideal package for you!
Let us do all the work for you, while keeping you informed of all the necessary details?
You may also give us detail as to who will be travelling (specific dates-or as close to your actual time as possible) with you and are you interested in general Medicine or specialities…
What we would need from you would be a letter of application, (can be something simple like just saying why you’d like to do your elective in Belize) A copy of your passport ( the page with your photo , only) and your student info. ( C.V , or transcript )
During your six weeks stay, you will be based in San Ignacio Town, and will work in two major hospitals in the Cayo District (the biggest District in Belize) Supervised by highly qualified Doctors.
Why choose Belize?
- Belize is a bilingual country, English being the main language. This makes it easier for you to communicate and get around.
- You will get to experience different cultures and views. Belize offers a unique blend of Central America and the Caribbean in one.
- Our program will also take you to some of Belize’s rural areas and villages that would otherwise not have easy access to medical check ups.
- You will contribute to assisting the local community in recieving faster medical attention.
What is included in you medical elective package price?
Airport shuttles to and from your accomodation
This fee will ensure you a placement in the hospitals, and will also serve in contributing to the growth and development of the medical services available to the local public.
Safe and Quiet Accomodation
Your accomodation will include amenities to make your stay as confortable and convenient as possible. Such as:
- Hot/cold shower
- Kitchenette (so you will be able to cook your own meals)
- Air conditioning
- Cable Television
- Wireless Internet
- Housekeeping services every other day
*NOTE* Rooms are shared. Please inform us if you would like a single room. Laundry service and prepared meals are available at an extra cost. (prepared meals should be requested at the time of your booking)
Weekend Tours and Trips
Belize is one of Central America’s most attractive tourism destination. During your free weekends you will be able to enjoy some of Belize’s best and most sought after sites including:
- Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave
- Jungle Canopy Tours (Zipline)
- Caracol Mayan Archealogical site
- Caves Branch Tubing
- Horse Back Riding
- Xunantunich Mayan Ruin
- Tikal Mayan ruin (Guatemala) This will include a sur-charge
- Macal River canoeing
- The Belize Zoo
For further information and requirements please Contact Us today.